Sunday, October 5, 2008

Unity

My main focus for the unity of my piece was used through repetition. This project contains twelve cards and twelve sticks. By creating four identical pieces and placing them diagonally on top of one another i have created a curved structure. I decided to make the structure asymmetrical but have qualities of symmetry through continuation. The three skewers placed on each piece draws a continuous curved line which has the same similarities to the curves of the parts of the structure. I have also continuously worked to make the craft well by making several models with different types of glue. I have finally chosen glue strips which is a strong adhesive that makes no mess and is almost invisible. This creates less distraction from the project as a whole and furthers the unity of the structure.

No comments: